Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Penny & Sue's Let's get hot while it's hot" challenge

HI ! you know me and if you do not know my friend Penny you should
it is her fault I blog here
ALSO
She writes some great books and such you look into them

Penny and I are challenging each other to
"get hot while it's hot"
we have to prepare for fall and all of the fabulous beards that will be around
and what better time to get healthy and get out there and move than

SUMMER

sunshine
gardening
swimming
walking
running
playing
outside
with
the kids

SO get off your duff ladies and gents
and make some goals !!

MY GOALS

by fall I want to be in a size 10 COMFORTABLY

I want to be able to squat double what I can now (I squat 55lbs which is not bad considering I use a weight bench and not a squat rack I have to lift them from waist high over my head to my shoulders then walk to where there is room then I can squat Im able to do this 20 times

I want to have a 45,000 step day (so far my most steps in a day was 35,000)

I want to lose another 5 inches on my waist (I am at 37 inches now)

I want to be at 150lbs by September I am currently at 177lbs

I will walk in at least 1 5K race

sleep 7 hours a night

Im sure more goals will come to me 

HOW WILL I DO THIS??

I will watch what I eat measure and weigh it
I will drink LOADS of water Im "infusing" it  flavoring it with fruit and stevia leaves
I will be outside as often as I can
I will lift either with my sons or hubs 3 times a week
I will wear my fitbit daily to track activity AND sleep
I will log my food at my Fitness Pal (if you want to friend me there let me know)
MOST OF ALL
I  will have fun !!

Short summary of Penny and her goals :

 I had a heart attack in 2010.

I lost almost 48 pounds in about 2 months--too fast! But I was scared of dying, so I overdid the diet and exercise. I was walking 5x/day, about 2+ hours per day, and eating a very low calorie diet.

Good part about it....my blood sugar came down, my cholesterol came down.

I slowly gained back about half the weight, and my blood sugar is creeping back up.

My goal is to get to the 50 pounds off mark which I almost made 3 years ago. But this time I need to do it more moderately. Just focus on eating a healthy diet, but watch portion size. Walk 2-3 times a day, and keep my overall activity level up.

Exercise/Activity: I'm working on garden projects outside, house cleaning/organizing/painting projects inside, and lots of walks.

Diet: Lots of veggies, fruits, whole grains, heart-healthy foods like salmon, blueberries, walnuts, orange veggies, etc.

I CAN DO THIS!

SO here is the idea I want people to post their goals and request a team you can be
TEAM PENNY
or
TEAM SUE
we will see how many of our individual goals we can reach by  the end of August

NOW the rules

1) DO YOUR BEST ! I was a cubscout leader for many years this is the cub scout motto DO YOUR BEST . YOUR best is not MY best It is not Joe Manganiello or The Rocks best , YOU are not Jillian!! The goals are YOUR goals we are here to help you meet those or exceed them

2) HAVE FUN It is summer the kids are out of school , it is time for baseball, picnics beach parties s'mores and fun stuff now how the heck are we gonna meet our goals and still have fun? moderate your treats , move more, eat mostly healthy. find something YOU love and do it be it gardening , walking , swimming something active . reward yourself with things OTHER than food

3) pick a team Penny and I are here we are team leaders we will taunt each other and support each other and help us meet our goals

Im sure more things will develop as we move along if you have any suggestions let us know !!








1 comment:

  1. Congratulations both of you. I'm at my desired weight after 7 months of Atkins and watching what I eat. Portion control is the key. Sugar is my enemy. I need to exercise more and find a way to sleep through the night.

    ReplyDelete