Thursday, February 27, 2014

Open Face tuna melt


 I love fish good thing it is good for me
This is my open face tuna melt
one thing I have found with "diet" food is it tends to be dry
I have to remove fat so I replaced it with some good fats and
veggies and a small amount of cheese
To make this I use
1 packet of Albacore tuna
1TBS plain Greek Yogurt
1oz (yes I weighed it) Colby or Cheddar cheese
1 Roma Tomato diced
roughly 10 leaves of spinach (or more I started out with less)
1/2 a mashed avocado
diced onion
1 whole wheat tortilla (I use chichis multi grain)

open your tuna packet and rinse it with water (this decreases the salt a bit)
in a bowl combine the yogurt and avocado and tuna
spread the green goo(yes it looks gross) on your tortilla
stick it in the oven (350 degrees) for a few minutes while you dice things
add the vegetables stick it back in the oven till it warms up
then add the cheese
and melt it
I use the My Fitness Pal websites nutrition calculator to enter the ingredients to figure out nutrition facts for the various things I eat here is what My Fitness Pal says the nutrition facts are:
Calories 394
Carbs       31
Fat           19
Protein     28
Sodium  515
Sugar         3

These facts are for this meal with Cheddar cheese with colby it is a wee bit less in calories

No comments:

Post a Comment