Saturday, March 1, 2014

Weight loss incentives

ASIDE from being healthier living longer and looking fabulous
there are TONS of ways to earn things while you lose weight

I'll name the ones I'm using and if you know of anymore let me know

Earndit

 http://earnd.it/1h1NU2e (that is my referral link if you do not want to use that just google Earndit.com
at earndit I simply link my fitbit tracker to the site and I earn points
that give me discounts on various things mostly to do with healthy living .
I'm eyeing up a very supportive sports bra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everymove.org

another connect your device and earn points toward stuff site
however this one you can also add in things you have done like
shoveling snow
cleaning the house
calisthenics
I use Everymove.org points and donate them to charity
last time I checked they had 2 charity options for points donation
the one I chose is the Make a Wish Foundation
for every 2000 points I earn $5 gets donated

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Walgreens
also has a way to earn points for things you already do and you can connect several of the high tech pedometers to the site the points can be used toward purchases

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Diet Bet
now this is a neat idea ! it is a website where you and a group of friends can bet each other if you meet your goal(there are different ones) you get part of the pot of money. What if you do not have a group of friends that want to diet? they have groups that you can join with larger pots of money and other prizes. I joined a group of twitter friends and was able to split the pot with the winners it was loads of fun and good kick in the tush to get moving more.

~~~~~~~~
Pact 

  I love this one I connected my fitbit to the site so long as I have 30 active minutes per day and reach a minimum of 10,000 steps a day  THEN I have made one of my Pacts
I can hear you "SO WHAT?"
Let me back up a wee bit because I got excited and got ahead of myself

Pact is a site that pays you for doing things you are already doing
WHAT?
yes
I made a Pact saying that I would log my food for for 5 days out of 7
I made another Pact that I would exercise for 5 days out of 7
I said IF I do not make my daily Pact I will pay $5 per day I miss
Because I made 2 Pacts that would be $10 a day
NOW guess what happens if I MAKE my pact?
I get paid for it
Since I already log daily at My Fitness Pal
I already walk over 10,000 steps on my fitbit daily
guess what?
I make money this is so cool
LOVE that site

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sure there are more sites out there these are the ones I use
make sure you check them out if you need another incentive for this trip

No comments:

Post a Comment